Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Don't Miss the Deadline!

Reach for the Sky! (C) 2014
The final 2014 SAQA Benefit Auction submission deadline is June 1 -- and that's a received by date.  If you haven't created your 12" x 12" piece for this annual non-juried show and sale to benefit SAQA, now's the time to step on the gas and get going!  

Yours truly is mailing her piece this morning -- my sixth contribution to the exhibit. I look at it as an opportunity to put my work "out there" for only the cost of shipping (twice I was able to hand-deliver the piece at a conference) -- and what's more, I get to contribute to an organization that has brought me friends, colleagues, contacts, education, and exhibit opportunities.  Funds raised by this auction, in fact, support SAQA's travelling exhibits internationally.

Every year it's exciting to see the contributions and watch the bidding.  Three of my first five submissions were sold -- including my very first one.  That was a kick, I'll tell you!  :-)  Somebody liked my work enough to buy it!  Whoa!

The SAQA website has all the scoop on how to submit your piece, and you can see the ones already received.  The main online auction begins September 15, 2014 with the first of three sections; you can read how that works HERE.  In addition, a special selection of quilts will be reserved for exhibit and auctioned off at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, October 27 - November 2, 2014.

If you like, you can publicize the auction with a poster -- click HERE.  

So what are you waiting for?  Let's show the world what the SAQA Western Canada Region can create.  If you have a photo of your 2014 auction piece, send it to me by e-mail (margblank AT xplornet DOT ca) -- it would be great to share it here on the blog.  


No comments:

Post a Comment