For artist websites and blogs please refer to the side bar on the main page. For Social Media contacts refer to the links below.
To be added to these lists please fill out the contact form on the main page.
Shel Hein – shel_n_stitches
Christine Johannink – cjohannink
Jaynie Himsl – jaynie_himsl_fibre_artist
Valerie Wilson – valeriewilson95
Michele Craigen – michelecraigen
Ana Buzzalino – ana_buzzalino
Jennie Johnston – jenniejohnstonartist
Susan Selby – susanlselby
Terry Aske – terryaskequilts
Diana Bartelings - dianabartelings
- Road Trip - a local exhibit by the SAQA Calgary-area POD - April 17 - 30, 2016 at the Gallery of the High River Library, 909 - 1st St. S.W., High River, August 2 - 31, 2016.
- Members participating include:
- Leslie Barnes;
- Joyce Brown;
- Alison Dean Cowitz;
- Diane Duncan;
- Theresa Duncan;
- Terri Illingworth;
- Margaret Jessop;
- Marie McEachern;
- Lorraine Ross;
- Janet Scruggs;
- Christina Thomas;
- Nan Williams; and
- Lynda Williamson.
- My Heritage - The 2016 edition of the Biennial Juried Exhibit sponsored by the Focus on Fibre Arts Association, Edmonton, AB -
- Mary Wilton of Camrose, AB is the participating SAQA member.
Earlier Exhibits of Note:
- A Moment in Time: fibre art by Valerie Wilson - April 5 - May 14, 2016 at Portage & District Arts Centre, 11 - 2nd Street N.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1R8
- Road Trip - a local exhibit by the SAQA Calgary-area POD - April 17 - 30, 2016 at the Fish Creek Library, 11161 Bonaventure Drive S.E., Calgary, AB T2J 6S1; the Crowfoot Library , 8665 Nose Hill Drive N.W., Calgary, AB - through July 24.
- Members participating include: Leslie Barnes, Joyce Brown, Alison Dean Cowitz, Diane Duncan, Theresa Duncan, Terri Illingworth, Margaret Jessop, Marie McEachern, Lorraine Ross, Janet Scruggs, Christina Thomas, Nan Williams and Lynda Williamson.
- Hanging by a Thread - a collaborative exhibit by Barbara J. West and Ilse Anysas-Salkauskas, CASA Gallery (East Side), 230 8th Street South Lethbridge, AB T1J 5H2, April 30 - June 17.
- No Words Necessary - an exhibit of new works by Jill Sullivan, at the FibreWorks Studio and Gallery, 12887-12889 Sunshine Coast Highway, Madeira Park, BC, May 21 - July 3.
- Whisperings - A collaboration in textiles by Catherine Nicholls and Anni Hunt - Fibre Works Studio and Gallery, Madeira Park, Pender Harbour, B.C., March 26 - May 15, 2016.
- Current Threads 2016: Garden Tapestry - Vancouver Island Surface Design Association - March 5 – 19, 2016, at the Southshore Gallery, 2046 Otter Point Road, Sooke, B.C.
2014 - 2015
- Mended - Presented by the Surface Design Association - B.C. and the Yukon - opened March 17, 2014 at Il Museo, Italian Cultural Centre, 3075 Slocan Street, Vancouver, B.C. Artist's Talk by curator Angela Clarke, April 14 - May 15; at Fibreworks Gallery, Sunshine Coast, August 20 - October 4, 2015; and at Place des Arts, Coquitlam, April 29 - May 28, 2016.
- Members participating include: Anni Hunt, Linda Ingham, Barbara McCaffery, Catherine Nicholls, Susan Purney-Mark, Kristin Rohr, Jill Sullivan, Lily Thorne and Patt Wilson.
- Canadiana - by Fibre Art Network members at the Langley Centennial Museum. Langley, B.C., August 17 through November 8, 2015. Curator: Pippa Moore.
- Participating SAQA WC members include: Terry Aske, Helene Blanchet (now in Atlantic Canada), Joyce Brown, Diane Duncan, Diane Firth, Jaynie Himsl, Marcy Horswill, Karen Johnson, Judi MacLeod, Pippa Moore, Judith Panson, Jenny Perry, Terry Phillips, Katie Stein Sather,
- Abstracted - by Fibre Art Network members at the ACT Gallery, Maple Ridge, B.C. - September 12 through October 10, 2015.
- Participating SAQA WC members include: Coleen Adderley, Terry Aske, Joyce Brown, Paulette Cornish, Diane Duncan, Karen Johnson, Linda MacKay, Brandy Maslowski, Pippa Moore, Judith Panson, Jenny Perry, Katie Stein Sather, Patt Wilson and Valerie Wilson.
- Fibre Art Destination 2015 Weyburn, SK - A summer-long quartet of exhibits and an Art Walk in Weyburn, SK under the auspices of the Weyburn Arts Council and several galleries. In Weyburn from July 2 through August 31, 2015.
- The Burgess Shale - touring exhibit under the auspices of the TREX program, the Alberta Society of Artists and the Alberta Foundation for the Arts. This was a 24-piece exhibit which depicts the fossils of the Burgess Shale excavation (Yoho National Park, B.C.). Aimed at bringing art to schools and other public venues throughout the Alberta, it toured in schools and public venues in Northern Albert from September 2013 through August 2015. It has now been delivered to its permanent home at the Burgess Shale Interpretive Centre and will open to the public soon.
- Catherine Nicholls - Solo show, City Atrium Gallery, presented by North Vancouver Community Arts Council, opening March 17 and running through May 11, 2015.
- Canadiana - Presented by the Fibre Art Network - opened at the New Zealand Quilt Symposium 2015 on January 16 and runs through January 21. Thirteen of the thirty participating artists are SAQA WC members. For more information, visit the FAN website.
- People and Places - Textile Art by MB member Valerie Wilson and colleague Susan Selby - opened March 3 at the Gwen Fox Gallery, Selkirk, MB, and runs through March 28, 2015.
- Small Expressions - Presented by the Community Arts Council of the Saanich Penninsula - opened March 4, 2015 at the Tulista Gallery, Sidney, B.C. and runs through March 29. Features several works from the "Synthesis" series of B.C. member, Lesley Turner.
- Prairies - Presented by the Focus on Fibre Arts Association, Edmonton Alberta:
- PageMaster Publications, 11340 - 120 St., Edmonton, through September 30, 2015;
- The Dow Centre, 8700 - 84 Street, Fort Saskatchewan, AB, October 3 - November 29, 2014.
- Included work by several SAQA WC members including Anna Hergert, Jaynie Himsl, Margaret Blank, and Paula M. Jolly.
- Quilted Mouse Guild Quilt Show - Fish Creek Library, 11161 Bonaventure Drive S.E., Calgary, AB. through September 27, 2014. Includes work by several Calgary-area SAQA members.
- Wonderland - Presented by the North Vancouver Community Arts Council, North Vancouver, B.C. - at the CityScape Community Art Space through October 11, 2014. Includes work by B.C. member Catherine Nicholls.
- Alberta Society of Artists - Self Portraits: Within the Artist
- Artists include Diane Duncan
- Western Threads - a collaborative exhibit: SAQA Western Canada's "Meet the Best of the West", Focus on Fibre Art's retrospective, and the Heritage Rug Hookers of Saskatoon's tribute to the grain Elevator. Currently showing at the Royal Alberta Museum, 12845 - 102 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, through August 4, 2014. Open daily 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.. General Admission information - click HERE.
- Solo Installation: Measuring a Year
- Artist: Margie Davidson
- Location: McMullen Gallery, University of Alberta Hospital, 112 Street entrance, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Dates: March 22 - May 11, 2014.
- Surface Design Alberta: What's on the Surface?
- Artists include Ilse Anysas-Salkauskas, Diane Duncan and Wendy Klotz
- Location: Atlantis Framing and Art Studio, 4515 Manhatten Road S.E., Calgary, Alberta
- Dates: April 12 - April 29, 2014.
- Portraits of the Past - A Solo Exhibition by Valerie Wilson - Artist
- Dates: April 3 - May 5, 2013
- Location: Gwen Fox Gallery, 101 - 250 Manitoba Avenue, Selkirk, Manitoba