This juried exhibit features work by 53 artists, in a variety of techniques incorporating textiles. Several of the artists also belong to SAQA, including:
- Maggie Vanderweit, Fergus, Ontario;
- Lesley Turner, Victoria, B.C.;
- Jill Sullivan, Sechelt, B.C. (former B.C. Co-Rep for SAQA WC);
- Katie Stein Sather, Maple Ridge, B.C. (current B.C. Co-Rep for SAQA WC);
- Lorraine Ross, Calgary, AB;
- Terry Phillips, Quathiaski Cove, B.C.;
- Judi MacLeod, Victoria, B.C.;
- Wendy Klotz, Calgary, AB;
- Marcy Horswill, Cumberland, B.C.;
- Mita Giacomini, Dundas, Ontario;
- Diane Duncan, Calgary, AB;
- Gloria Daly, Duncan, B.C.; and
- Leslie Barnes, Calgary, AB.
An article describing the exhibit was written by Leslie Barnes and published in the January/February 2016 issue of The Country Register (Alberta). For artist biographies and to view images of their work, visit edgeoftheforest.ca.
The exhibit continues at the Fish Creek Library through January 30, with a "Meet the Artist" evening planned for Thursday, January 21, at 7 p.m. If you are in the area, be sure to take in this very special show!