In Edmonton...opening soon at the Art Gallery of Alberta ..."Charrette Roulette: FABRIC". a format to collaboratively workshop solutions, generated by a group of creatives: artists, architects, designers".
The "Charrette Roulette" program has been running since last May (2015). The AGA describes it as "
The "FABRIC" portion of this program, running November 21, 2015 through April 10, 2016 will bring the reality of a textile workshop right into the Art Gallery. The artists collaborating on this program are Yvonne Mullock and Teng Teng Chong.
There is a variety of events surrounding this ongoing exhibit.
- Saturday, November 21, 2015 - noon - a textile printing workshop - exploring cyanotype printing with fabric while learning more about the whole exhibit from the artists.
- Cost: $15.00
- Register HERE.
- Do It Yourself - Collectivity and Collaboration in Edmonton:
- Runs November 26, 2015 through March 5, 2016;
- A "survey" of local artists that highlights the artists' responses to the challenges of working collaboratively in various collectives in Edmonton over the past several years.
- Location: the AGA at the University of Alberta Museums Galleries in Enterprise Square, downtown Edmonton.
Live in Edmonton? Travelling there this winter? You might want to check this out!
(Thanks to the Focus on Fibre Art Association for putting me on to this unique series of arts events.)