Congratulations to the following members:
Quilt Canada's National Juried Show Finalists:
- Helene Blanchet, Alberta/Nova Scotia;
- Alison Cowitz, Alberta;
- Wendy Greber, Alberta;
- Jaynie Himsl, Saskatchewan;
- Paula Jolly, Saskatchewan;
- Patti Morris, Alberta;
- Jenny Perry, B.C; and
- Susan Purney Mark, B.C.
Grand National Quilt Show Connections Award Winners:
- Margie Davidson, Edmonton, AB - The Janome Award of Excellence for Not Everyone Has a House. Note: This piece is published in SAQA's Portfolio 21: The Art Quilt Sourcebook. You can see it in my copy of this publication if you visit the SAQA Trunk Show exhibit at Quilt Canada in Lethbridge, June 4-6.
- Alison Cowitz, Calgary, AB - An Award of Merit sponsored by Friends of the Grand National Quilt Show, for Green Piece.
An up-date on the touring SAQA exhibit, Radical Elements, which includes Calgary member, Karen Jurek's piece, "CU Around". This exhibit opens at the National Academy of Sciences, 2101 Constitution Ave, Washington, D.C. on May 18, 2015 and runs through October 19, 2015. Note: you can see this piece -- and all the pieces in this exhibit -- in the catalogue for Radical Elements which will be available for viewing at the SAQA Trunk Show booth at Quilt Canada in Lethbridge.
Stay tuned for more posts about the Conference. Meanwhile, I leave you with the Annual Crazy Canucks Conference Photo, courtesy of Maggie Vanderweit of Ontario. She claims this was the best of the ones taken with her camera!
|(L) to (R): Margaret Blank, AB; Ellen Bourassa, B.C.;|
Tracy Lawko, Ontario; Maggie Vanderweit, Ontario;
Andree Fredette, B.C.; and Teri Donovan Springer, N.S. & Michigan